Summer Reading List 2016
Summer Reading List and Summaries 2016
Summer Reading Journal Guidelines
1. How are the characters developing and changing over the course of what you have read? What has influenced them to change (events in the story, other characters)?
2. Is any image or idea repeated over the course of what you have read? (symbol, motif)? Do you think this will be important to the story?
3. What are the conflicts in the book? Have you experienced similar conflicts? How does the way the conflict developed in your life differ from what you have read?
4. Do the characters in the story remind you of yourself, or people you know? What similarities and differences are there between the way they and you act or think?
5. Who is telling the story in your book? Would you have told the story differently?
6. If you could be a character in the book you read, which one would you be? Would you behave as he/she did? Would you make the same decisions and think the same thing?
7. Would you recommend this book to a friend? If so, what connection might they make with their life? If not, why would this book be uninteresting to your friend?